Sunday, November 16, 2008

Polar Express


This weekend was full of suprises and magic. We told the kids we were going camping, but we really were taking them on the Polar Express train ride. The look on all of their faces was priceless. I love the magic of Christmas and the joy that feels the air. It was a family memory I will never forget. I am so glad my parents and my sister and her family came too. They played the songs from the movie, and while reading the Polar express story we drank hot cocoa and ate cookies. The destination was the North Pole(which they could have made much cuter in my opion) but the kids still loved it. They were most excited when Santa came on the train to give them their bells. We had a really great time, and it just makes me get more excited about Christmas.

5 comments:

DeAnna said...

Boy you're fast!!!! Thanks for a fun weekend. I agree with you, it doesn't get any better than this.

Lila said...

I am glad that you posted this. My mom and I have been talking about doing that with the kids.

Amber said...

Sheri, you posting this makes me so excited to go to the Polar Express ride in Ely!! We go thr day after Thanksgiving. No black Friday shopping for me this year. Alyssa is already asking questions about Santa so I know that the magic is about to come to an end with her. I can't wait to see their excitement when we get on the train!!

The Foulgers said...

How fun, Jason and I have talked about doing that with the kids here in Utah. Where was that train ride? The pictures of your kids with their bells are priceless! BTW Happy Birthday Loryn! I can't believe she's already 2.

Alisha said...

Sheri...where was this? Nate and I took Reagan a couple of years ago in Durango Colorado...It was amazing and so beautiful with all the snow. I bet the kids had a blast.